Sunday, January 12, 2014

Direct English-language Learning Weekly Worksheet Week 4





Goal: In this week, I want to improve my English-listening. This time, I want to improve my English-listening skill more in movie, as it’s different from what I have done in previous weeks. Also I want to improve my English writing skill in order to complete English Writing Skill assignment with a high mark.

Completed (include brief description of what you did and the learning process):

Listening Activity: I have watched a movie called Skyfall. This movie is kind of action movie. I spent 2 hours just to watch this movie. Before watching, I need to find a quiet place with my laptop and earbuds. While watching, I tried to put myself in the movie. Also I tried to remember every important sentence that the main actor had talked. After finishing the movie, I tried to draft the main scenario and tried to use each word that I had listened. 
Writing Activity: As to complete my assignment with high mark, I have tried to improve my English-writing skill by following the step of writing paragraph. Before writing, I need to do brainstorming and free writing in order to gain ideas. After having enough idea, I need to organise my idea and make it in order. Then while writing first my paragraph, I didn’t need to care about grammar or vocabulary use. After finished the frist draft, I tried to edit it in grammar and vocabulary. Finally, I could have my clear paragraph.

Self-Evaluation: 
These are activities that I choosed in order to develop and improve my English-listening skill and English-writing skill this week. I feel that I have learned and improved a lot in listening and writing skill. I have just found these new ways to improve my English skill in term of listening and writing from my lecturer. I think these ways can help me a lot though it’s just the first time for me to practice these activities. The most beneficial thing that I could get from these activities were learning to get myself in the movie and knowing new words that were used in movie. And most importantly I can upgrade my listen skill into new level. For the writing activities, I can know how to write paragraph properly and be well organised. It was a bit challenge for me in these activities for the first time in practicing. For the movie, it mostly took part in action with a very criticle conversation, which was hard to understand. For writing, it was hard to think and gather idea in order to write. If you cannot find any word how can you write?
In order to overcome these challenges, as I have mentioned before I need to get myself in the movie and try to catch the key word that the actor had said. Also for writing, I need to think crucially about the topic that I was assigned to do, so that I can broaden my idea to have many things to write. 

Jouranal 1, 2, 3

My Father
My father is the best person to me for his three personalities. First of all, he is very kind. He is always happy to help people who are in need of helps. Also, he has never shown his anger in front of others, he always remains calm and happy when he is with his family or co-workers. Moreover, he has never scolded his children hard or badly; instead, he always tells and explains his children about what is right and what is wrong. Secondly, he is a funny man. He always spends most of his free time making the whole family laugh at his jokes and his made-up stories; he is so good at creating a happy environment, which is so warm and enjoyable. Thirdly, he is a reasonable person. He always listens to others before making a decision and judgement without any bias on one’s side. To conclude, he is always my idol, the great father and man.


The three important things that we need to do before we go to sleep
There are three important things that we need to do before we go to sleep. Firstly, after we finish our dinner, we should do our work that need to be done such as homework from school, assignments, or projects etc. Secondly, after finishing our work, we should wrap up our activities that we have done after the whole day. This method can make us memorize what we have done today and it can make us know what our mistakes were and what our successes were during the whole day activities. In short, it can classify our performance during our whole day activities. Thirdly, we need to make a plan for tomorrow. We need to set our goal and activities for tomorrow. By doing this, we can make sure that we are going to do what we need to do tomorrow. To conclude, the three important things that we need to do before we go to bed are finish our work that need to be done, wrap up our whole day’s activities, and make plan for tomorrow.

Life in Modern City 

Life in the city is very convinient in some ways. First of all, it is about the assessibility. Life is much easier to reach than any other places. There are many places that you can easily approach when you are in emergency or any situation such as easy to find health care departments and education institutions. Secondly, city is the middle of business and trade exchanges. We can do trade and business much easier than any other places because of its usefulness. Thirdly, city has enough electricity supply and clean water supply for everyone at there. People who live there are not afraid of the lack of electricity supply and clean water supply for their daily life. To sum up, there are many good points about living in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment